- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and olives. Sprinkle with garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Pork Chops
"This is a good recipe and it is a good way to fire up your Metabolism. Make your own sauce with Jalapenos, lemon, and whatever you want."
"I would make this recipe again, but I listened to all of the people before.... I made my own puree if you will to put on the pork.. I took a couple of tablespoons of jalapeno and put them in my food processor with tons of minced garlic. combined it with the olives and green onions. then poured over chops and mushrooms"
"This was good with a little amped up volume! I tried some jalapeno with chix broth and white wine for a sauce."
"I added a couple minced garlic cloves which made a difference in adding to flavor but we are garlic lovers."
"Very tasty and healthy especially for diabetics and the rest of us too. I used Italian Seasoning and Basil and did add more than 1/4 teaspoon."