My own creation, this recipe is light, flavorful and simple to make. I sometimes top these pork chops with breadcrumbs and shredded mozzarella for the last 10 minutes of baking. They're a favorite with family and friends. —Cheryl Boak, Rothesay, New Brunswick
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper and salt. Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops, one at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, brown chops on both sides. Transfer to an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and olives. Sprinkle with garlic, basil and oregano.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p21
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review