Zesty Pita Chips Recipe
If you're trying to snack healthier these days, give Katina Tanner's recipe a try. Her crispy pita wedges are a low-sodium substitute for salty commercial chips, and their zippy seasoning is a fun alternative to creamy dips. She bakes batches of her satisfying nibbles in Benton Harbor, Michigan.
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 pita breads (6 inches), split
- In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, paprika and garlic powder. Cut each pita half into six pieces; place on an ungreased baking sheet. Spray both sides of wedges with cooking spray; sprinkle wedges with seasoning mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown, turning halfway through baking time. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Pita Chips in Light & Tasty April/May 2004, p61
Reviews for Zesty Pita Chips(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cold Appetizer Recipes >
- Cold Finger Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >