Zesty Penne, Sausage and Peppers Recipe
Recipe provided by Philadelphia® Cream Cheese
TOTAL TIME: Prep Time: 30 min Total Time: 30 min YIELD:4 servings
- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1. COOK pasta as directed on package.
- 2. MEANWHILE, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 min. or until done. Drain. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min. or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
- 3. DRAIN pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan. Yield: 4 servings.
2 cup equals 0 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 0 carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 0 protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC