- 3 cups penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 each green and red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- Dash crushed red pepper
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup KRAFT® Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- COOK pasta as directed on package.
- MEANWHILE, crumble sausage into large skillet; cook and stir on medium heat 8 min. or until done. Drain. Add bell peppers; cook and stir 5 min. or until crisp-tender. Stir in next 3 ingredients; cook 5 min. or until heated through. Add cream cheese; cook 2 min. or until melted, stirring frequently.
- DRAIN pasta. Add to sausage mixture; mix lightly. Top with Parmesan. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Penne, Sausage and Peppers
Sort By :
A family favorite! I make it for dinner as well as parties and it always goes over well! I prefer to use spicy sausage to give it some kick!
I have made this recipe a half dozen times now and it is always great!
I will be making this recipe again and again.
I've made this several times and my family and friends wants me to include this recipe in the Thanksgiving and Christmas menu .It is so easy to fix, the first time I made it I didn't have red peppers, but I had some roasted red peppers and it worked out just fine. A definite keeper!!!!!!
Tasty, fast and easy. Wonderful as a dish to take to a get together.
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ... This is GOOD. And so easy. Didn't have sausage meat so just used 4 jumbo Italian sausages instead. Worked perfect and just like meatballs. Also added mushrooms, omitted fennel seed as I didn't have it, and added LOTS more chilli/red pepper flakes cuz we like stuff spicy. This also works well with tri-color rotini pasta. Definitely will make again!!
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking with PHILADELPHIA >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese >
- PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese >