Zesty Party Snack Mix Recipe
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Cheerios
- 4 cups pretzel sticks
- 4 cups cheese-flavored snack crackers
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cereals, pretzels and crackers. Spread onto two ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans.
- 2. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over the cereal mixture and toss to coat. Bake 225° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours, stirring every 30 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 16 cups.
3/4 cup: 250 calories, 17g fat (7g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 620mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Party Snack Mix
"Fabulous! This is the third year in a row that I am making this recipe."
"I've made a similar mix for years and I make it in the microwave. Bake 2 minutes at a time, stirring thoroughly. Mine usually takes 6 to 8 minutes to make a batch. When the mix looks dry, it's done. I pour out on a big towel and let it cool. This is the only way to cook it, in my estimation."
"I increase the oven temperature to 3oo degrees and stir every 15 mins. , by doing this you can cut the baking time down to 1 hr. ( cutting off 1 1/2 hr) It helps a lot , since the length of cooking time was a factor for some trying this recipe. I also used my extra large METAL bread bowl which saved spreading the mix out on cookie sheets. I just put the whole bowl full in the oven and stirred it in there! Much easier to stir too."
"This is a big hit w/ the guys at Christmas. I've been making it for for 3 or 4 years now. I just wonder if there is a shortcut, so I don't have to have the oven on for 2 1/2 hours. That is the ONLY downfall for making this mix. Any suggestions??"
"I kept everything the same except I used oyster crackers for the cheerios. Very quick to mix up and was a big hit with the teens."