Zesty Nacho Dip Recipe
To increase this hearty dip's zip, use another can of chilies and Mexican-style stewed tomatoes and processed cheese. You could also keep it warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot. It's tasty served over a baked potato, too. Denise Hill - Ottawa Lake, Michigan
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, tomatoes, chilies, chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Originally published as Zesty Nacho Dip in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p50
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zesty Nacho Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2011
This dip was good, but I wouldn't call it great. Using salsa instead of stewed tomatoes would have given more acidity to cut the sweetness of the processed cheese.