Zesty Nacho Dip
To increase this hearty dip's zip, use another can of chilies and Mexican-style stewed tomatoes and processed cheese. You could also keep it warm in a slow cooker or fondue pot. It's tasty served over a baked potato, too.
Denise Hill - Ottawa Lake, Michigan
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 pounds process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Tortilla chips
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add the cheese, tomatoes, chilies, chili powder and
- Worcestershire sauce.
- Cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring
- occasionally. Serve warm with chips. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without chips) equals 144 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 436 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 10 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.