Zesty Mustard Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut in half
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken; spoon some of the mustard sauce under the skin.
- 2. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using a drip pan. Place chicken skin side up over drip pan and grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining mustard sauce. Remove chicken skin; cut into serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Zesty Mustard Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.