Zesty Mustard Chicken
Halved chicken is a perfect choice for winter grilling. Cooked over indirect heat, it virtually eliminates grill flare-ups. This version from Micheal Everidge of Morristown, Tennessee features a tangy four-ingredient mustard sauce you can whip up in minutes.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Grill: 40 min.
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut in half
- In a small bowl, combine the mustard, honey, seasoning blend and
- Worcestershire sauce. Carefully loosen the skin of the chicken;
- spoon some of the mustard mixture under the skin.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and
- lightly coat the grill rack. Prepare grill for indirect heat, using
- a drip pan. Place chicken skin side up over drip pan and grill,
- covered, over indirect medium heat for 20-30 minutes on each side or
- until juices run clear and a meat thermometer reads 180°,
- basting occasionally with remaining mustard mixture.
- Cover chicken and let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into
- serving-size pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 347 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 88 mg cholesterol, 328 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as