Zesty Mozzarella Chicken Recipe
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper, garlic powder, cayenne pepper and dried oregano
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a shallow bowl, combine egg white and milk. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings. Dip each chicken breast in the egg white mixture, then in the crumb mixture.
- 2. In a large skillet; cook chicken on both sides in butter until chicken is golden brown and crispy and juices run clear. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Remove from the heat and cover for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine tomato sauce and basil; cook until heated through. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 405 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 135 mg cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 44 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.