Zesty Mixed Vegetables
Colorful carrot coins, broccoli and zucchini star in this appealing side dish that's served warm. Simmered in Italian salad dressing, the veggies take on that zesty flavor.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a nonstick skillet, bring carrot and water to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and
- zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2
- minutes. Add salad dressing and oregano. Cook and stir over medium
- heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is
- reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 41 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.