Zesty Mixed Vegetables Recipe
Colorful carrot coins, broccoli and zucchini star in this appealing side dish that's served warm. Simmered in Italian salad dressing, the veggies take on that zesty flavor.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, bring carrot and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salad dressing and oregano. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 41 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC