Colorful carrot coins, broccoli and zucchini star in this appealing side dish that's served warm. Simmered in Italian salad dressing, the veggies take on that zesty flavor.
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a nonstick skillet, bring carrot and water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the broccoli, onion and zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Add salad dressing and oregano. Cook and stir over medium heat for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender and liquid is reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mixed Vegetables in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p43
Reviews for Zesty Mixed Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review