Zesty Mexican Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice an: 256 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Zesty Mexican Chicken
"This is good tasting and easy to prepare. It is now a staple in our house."
"This recipe is easy. You can make the sauce part ahead of time and then in the morning put the chicken in the crock pot, pour the sauce over top and dinner will be ready when you get home. Great flavor, too. Also when I cook my rice I added chicken broth and chopped corriander."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.