Zesty Mexican Chicken
A hint of lime juice helps tame the heat in this zesty, tender chicken with crunchy vegetables. And because it’s all prepared in the slow cooker, you and your kitchen will stay cool, too! Michelle Sheldon - Middletown, DE
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 3-1/2 hours
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic,
- lime juice, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve
- with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup tomato mixture equals 256 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.