Zesty Mexican Chicken Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1. Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic, lime juice, pepper sauce, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until chicken is tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup rice and 1/2 cup tomato mixture : 256 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable
Reviews for Zesty Mexican Chicken
"This is good tasting and easy to prepare. It is now a staple in our house."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.