Zesty Mediterranean Salsa Recipe
The addition of olives makes this salsa a little different from other varieties. You can seed the jalapeno peppers if you like. But if your family likes salsa with some "heat", leave them in.
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
1/4 cup: 41 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Mediterranean Salsa
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC