The addition of olives makes this salsa a little different from other varieties. You can seed the jalapeno peppers if you like. But if your family likes salsa with some "heat", leave them in.
Recommended: 77 Foods to Eat When You Have a Cold
- 8 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (seeded if desired)
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 3-1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Salsa in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p309
Reviews for Zesty Mediterranean Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review