- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. Place meatballs on a rack coated with
- cooking spray in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15 -18
- minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Stir in vinegar until smooth. Add the ketchup, molasses, orange
- juice concentrate, mustard, soy sauce and hot pepper sauce. Bring to
- a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add
- meatballs; heat through. Serve with noodles. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (6 meatballs and 1/3 cup sauce with 1 cup noodles) equals 672 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,050 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 7 starch, 2 lean meat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.