- 10 to 12 Italian rolls, split
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil
- until tender. Add the remaining sauce ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove bay leaves; set
- sauce aside.
- In a large bowl, toss bread cubes with water. Add eggs, beef,
- Parmesan, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape
- into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on an ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes; drain. Add to sauce.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Serve on rolls. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 430 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 126 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.