Zesty Marinated Shrimp Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 12 lemon slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Stir in shrimp. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 shrimp equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 54 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Marinated Shrimp
"a little less red onion, but wonderful!"
"Fantastic presentation and tasted wonderful!"
"This was excellent for a day on the boat! Carried well and was a hit. Very flavorful and agree with other users, use fresh ingredients for the best taste!"
"I made this recipe for a family Christmas party and it got scarfed up almost before most of the other hors d'oeuvres made it to the table! Easy, too! Use fresh dill not only in the dish but as garnish as well. Fresh lime juice makes a big difference too."
"I would indeed make this recipe again, just not when my third son is at home. He is deathly allergic to seafood and I will not put this dish in front of him."