- 12 lemon or lime slices
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 pounds peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (26-30 per pound)
- Place first eight ingredients in a large bowl; toss with shrimp. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Zesty Marinated Shrimp
"a little less red onion, but wonderful!"
"Fantastic presentation and tasted wonderful!"
"This was excellent for a day on the boat! Carried well and was a hit. Very flavorful and agree with other users, use fresh ingredients for the best taste!"
"I made this recipe for a family Christmas party and it got scarfed up almost before most of the other hors d'oeuvres made it to the table! Easy, too! Use fresh dill not only in the dish but as garnish as well. Fresh lime juice makes a big difference too."
"I would indeed make this recipe again, just not when my third son is at home. He is deathly allergic to seafood and I will not put this dish in front of him."