“My husband loves pork chops. They're a good source of lean protein and it's easy to change the flavor by using different spices. I created this marinade based on a few I saw in Healthy Cooking.” Jackie Termont - Richmond, Virginia
Recommended: 30 Pork Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, wine, 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder, horseradish, dill, garlic powder and salt. Add the pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chops in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Marinated Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p64
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Zesty Marinated Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
"We enjoyed this recipe very much. it was very easy to prepare enough for two and it worked with bone in chops."