Zesty Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
“My husband loves pork chops. They're a good source of lean protein and it's easy to change the flavor by using different spices. I created this marinade based on a few I saw in Healthy Cooking.” Jackie Termont - Richmond, Virginia
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, wine, 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder, horseradish, dill, garlic powder and salt. Add the pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chops in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Marinated Pork Chops in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p64
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Zesty Marinated Pork Chops(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 14, 2009
We enjoyed this recipe very much. it was very easy to prepare enough for two and it worked with bone in chops.
More Recipe Collections
- Condiments >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Make Ahead Dinner Recipes >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Marinades >