Zesty Marinated Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, wine, 1 teaspoon oil, chili powder, horseradish, dill, garlic powder and salt. Add the pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chops in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
1 pork chop equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.