Zesty Marinated Pork Chops
“My husband loves pork chops. They're a good source of lean protein and it's easy to change the flavor by using different spices. I created this marinade based on a few I saw in Healthy Cooking.” Jackie Termont - Richmond, Virginia
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the vinegar, wine, 1
- teaspoon oil, chili powder, horseradish, dill, garlic powder and
- salt. Add the pork chops; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for
- eight hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium
- heat, cook chops in remaining oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or
- until a meat thermometer reads 145°. Remove from the heat and
- let stand for 5 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop equals 183 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 61 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 fat.