Zesty Macaroni Soup Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (7 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (7-1/2 ounces) chili macaroni dinner mix
- Salsa con queso dip
- In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, beans, tomatoes, corn and chilies if desired. Stir in the mustard, salt, pepper and contents of macaroni sauce mix. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in contents of macaroni packet. Cover and simmer 10-14 minutes longer or until macaroni is tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with salsa con queso dip. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 2-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Zesty Macaroni Soup
Sort By :
This was very easy and very filling, but like the other reviewer said, not very interesting. I was expecting more zip or zest. I will make again though because my family really enjoyed it and it was the perfect end to a busy fall day.
Not our favorite. It was edible but not very interesting.