- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 3 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce, optional
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked wide egg noodles
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion and red pepper; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until turkey is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, breaking up turkey into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in spinach, garlic and seasonings; cook 1-2 minutes longer. In a small bowl, combine broth, lemon peel, lemon juice, sugar and, if desired, soy sauce; pour over turkey mixture. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream. Serve with noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Lemon Cream Turkey Pasta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p143
Reviews for Zesty Lemon Turkey with Pasta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review