Zesty Lemon Broccoli
“I invented this recipe when I began changing my eating habits to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. This broccoli tastes so decadent, you won’t know it’s healthy.” —Brooke Szczepanski, Gloucester, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1
- in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the butter, lemon peel, juice,
- garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add broccoli and pine nuts; toss
- to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.