“I invented this recipe when I began changing my eating habits to incorporate more vegetables into my diet. This broccoli tastes so decadent, you won’t know it’s healthy.” —Brooke Szczepanski, Gloucester, Virginia
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the butter, lemon peel, juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add broccoli and pine nuts; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Zesty Lemon Broccoli in Simple & Delicious February/March 2011, p35
Reviews for Zesty Lemon Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review