- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place broccoli in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the butter, lemon peel, juice, garlic, mustard, salt and pepper. Add broccoli and pine nuts; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Lemon Broccoli
Sort By :
"I didn't have pine nuts so I substituted sunflower seeds. I love the fresh taste of the lemon. It was a fresh compliment to our Salmon main dish"
"Used a bag of frozen veggies (broccoli, carrots, peppers and water chestnuts) and nuked it according to the package directions, then tossed it with the other ingredients... Except for the pine nuts since we don't really like them, and one of my kids has a big aversion to nuts in general. Overall, loved the combination of butter, lemon, garlic and dijon... I bet it would be good on most veggies:)"
"One of the best vegetable side dishes we've ever made! We used extra pine nuts. Steamed florets in our Oster Food Steamer for 10 minutes.~ Theresa"
"Great recipe! I left out the pine nuts and followed the rest of the recipe. I like using the lemon because it gives so much great flavor without having to use alot of butter. My 8 yr. old son proclaimed it "the best broccoli ever!" lol. Will use this easy recipe often. Served it with roasted pork tenderloin, buttermilk mashed potatoes and cresent rolls. Thanks for the recipe!"