Zesty Jalapeno Corn Muffins
I make these tender corn muffins at least twice a month. My husband and relatives love the zippy flavor.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (8-1/2 ounces each) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mixes, cilantro, lime peel and
- cumin. Whisk eggs and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in the cream cheese, jalapenos and onions.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at
- 400° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin
- comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a
- wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 217 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 389 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.