- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Italian Links
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, carrot, jalapeno, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until heated through. Just before serving, stir in macaroni. Yield: 10 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews for Zesty Italian Soup
Sort By :
"Excellent recipe ! I've made this soooo many times we love it! we follow recipe as is. Superb!"
"This was tasty. I will reduce the amount of canned tomatoes next time and add some fresh ones. I just don't care for the taste of canned tomatoes. Otherwidse, this was a good recipe."
"It has been so hot where we live so I've been trying not to turn on the oven. This was great for the crock pot and super easy. Made the house smell great while it was cooking and tasted delicious."
"My husband really liked this soup. I'll make this again when the weather turns cold."