Zesty Hot Chocolate
Chili powder gives a subtle spiciness to this chocolate sipper that is sure to warm chilly guests from head to toe. Joy Weinstein - Boulder, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Gradually add
- milk and water; cook and stir until heated through. Remove from the
- heat; stir in vanilla. Ladle into mugs; top each serving with
- whipped topping and sprinkle with nutmeg. Yield: 2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup hot chocolate with 1 tablespoon whipped topping equals 132 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat-free milk.