- 4 slices whole wheat bread, crumbled
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a large bowl, soak bread in milk for 5 minutes. Drain and discard milk. Stir in the celery, onion, horseradish, mustard, chili sauce, egg, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spread top with ketchup. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
- Serve immediately or before baking and adding ketchup, freeze meat loaf in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen meat loaf: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Spread top with ketchup. Bake as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Zesty Horseradish Meat Loaf
Sort By :
"This was SO good! Excellent, flavorful meatloaf recipe. I used Nature's Own Double Fiber Wheat Bread and Silk Unsweetened Original Almond Milk in the recipe to cut the fat and calories, and it took the calories down to 179/slice. Yay! My whole family enjoyed this, from ages 4 to 41. Definitely a keeper! I prepared it the night before as I was going to bed, covered it with foil in the loaf pan, and simply took it out to add the ketchup and bake it for dinner the next night. Made for an easy meal!"
"I loved this meat loaf. The only thing I changed was to use a pounf of ground Turkey and for the other 1/2 pound I used Italian Turkey Sausage. I baked it at 375 for 45 minutes and it turned out great."
"this recipe is very good. my husband and i like things a little more spicy, so instead of using regular chili sauce i used sriracha."