Zesty Homemade Horseradish Sauce
I wanted a zippy sauce for roast beef so I whipped this recipe up. Everyone loved it so I serve it every time we have beef now!—Sandra Ashcraft, Pueblo, Colorado
11 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped peeled horseradish root (about 6 ounces)
- Place all ingredients in a blender container; process until fine.
- Transfer to a saucepan. Cook and stir over low until heated through;
- do not boil. Store in refrigerator 1-2 months. Yield: 1-1/3 cups.