Zesty Herbed Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the rice, celery and onion in butter until the rice is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine all the remaining ingredients; pour over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with margarine) equals 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat; also, 124 calories, 65 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein, 3 gm fat.