Zesty Herbed Rice Pilaf Recipe
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the rice, celery and onion in butter until the rice is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Combine all the remaining ingredients; pour over rice mixture. Cover and bake at 325° for 50 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 8 servings.
0.700 cup: 235 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Zesty Herbed Rice Pilaf
"Very good rice recipe. I followed directions as written, and it tasted great. I will make this again."
"We felt that the rice was bland."
"It's requested about twice a month for this recipe. Love the flavors!"