Notes Sue Travnik Schiller of Western Springs, Illinois, "These burgers get their zip from horseradish."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef or turkey
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Shape into
- four patties. Pan-fry, grill or broil until no longer pink. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger (prepared with ground turkey breast and without added salt) equals 240 calories, 4 g fat (0 saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.