Zesty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
You won’t face early afternoon hunger when this wonderful soup is part of your lunch. Freeze leftovers in small batches. –Kelly Milan, Lake Jackson, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cup water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or
- until pasta is tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir
- until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium,