You won’t face early afternoon hunger when this wonderful soup is part of your lunch. Freeze leftovers in small batches. –Kelly Milan, Lake Jackson, Texas
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cup water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Originally published as Zesty Hamburger Soup in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Reviews for Zesty Hamburger Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review