Zesty Hamburger Soup
You won’t face early afternoon hunger when this wonderful soup is part of your lunch. Freeze leftovers in small batches. –Kelly Milan, Lake Jackson, Texas
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cup water
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small shell pasta
- 4 pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 4 cups V8 juice
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sugar
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, celery and onion over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain. Stir in the water, potatoes, corn, pasta and jalapeno.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or
- until pasta is tender. Add the remaining ingredients; cook and stir
- until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (3-3/4 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 222 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 542 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,