Zesty Grilled Chicken
With just two ingredients in the marinade, this chicken recipe is ready in a snap. While my husband grills the chicken, I prepare the rice and heat the sauce to spoon over the top. LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons salsa and 2
- tablespoons salad dressing; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- In a small saucepan, combine the remaining salsa and dressing; cook
- over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally; set aside
- and keep warm.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper
- towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill
- chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for
- 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Immediately top with cheese. Serve over rice if desired. Top with
- salsa mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.