Zesty Grilled Chicken Recipe
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons salad dressing; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining salsa and dressing; cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally; set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Immediately top with cheese. Serve over rice if desired. Top with salsa mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 3 tablespoons sauce (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 229 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 701 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 33 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.