Zesty Grilled Chicken Recipe
With just two ingredients in the marinade, this chicken recipe is ready in a snap. While my husband grills the chicken, I prepare the rice and heat the sauce to spoon over the top. —LaDonna Reed, Ponca City, Oklahoma
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 4 tablespoons zesty Italian salad dressing, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons salad dressing; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining salsa and dressing; cook over low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally; set aside and keep warm.
- 3. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Immediately top with cheese. Serve over rice if desired. Top with salsa mixture. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 701mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Grilled Chicken
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC