Zesty Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the beans, corn and chilies.
- 2. Drain beef; add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with your choice of toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
To give Green Chili Stew a tasty flavor twist, substitute beef broth for the chicken broth.
1 each: 264 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Green Chili Stew
"Have made this many times good for a cold day . Family enjoyed this said it was good.added some extra seasoning to it"
"I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this recipe. This is a real nice change of pace to the normal chili recipe. I thought that without any seasoning this would be bland. But sometimes you have to leave some seasoning to the people eating it. I did season the ground beef while I browned it.(I couldn't find any preseasoned ground beef(just a little humor)). But other than that it is a great recipe. I sprinkled it with cheese, a little sour cream and some ground pepper and it was nice and tasty. I can't wait to get some garden fresh tomatoes to put on top."
"This is a regular in my kitchen.It's a wonderful tasting stew that is a good break from tomato based soups/ stews.Also, it doesn't take very long to prepare so it's a great weekday meal.The shredded cheddar cheese tops off each serving wonderfully."