Zesty Green Chili Stew Recipe
Mexican cooking is rare here. So we've enjoyed treating our friends to some of our favorite recipes, like this zesty stew that we acquired when living in New Mexico. - Kerrie McFarland, Colstrip, Montana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the beans, corn and chilies.
- 2. Drain beef; add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with your choice of toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 264 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Green Chili Stew
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC