Mexican cooking is rare here. So we've enjoyed treating our friends to some of our favorite recipes, like this zesty stew that we acquired when living in New Mexico. - Kerrie McFarland, Colstrip, Montana
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the beans, corn and chilies.
- Drain beef; add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with your choice of toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Stew in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p146
Reviews for Zesty Green Chili Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review