Zesty Green Chili Stew Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- Shredded lettuce, sour cream, diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the broth, potatoes, onion and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add the beans, corn and chilies.
- Drain beef; add to soup. Simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with your choice of toppings if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Zesty Green Chili Stew(3)
Sort By :
I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this recipe. This is a real nice change of pace to the normal chili recipe. I thought that without any seasoning this would be bland. But sometimes you have to leave some seasoning to the people eating it. I did season the ground beef while I browned it.(I couldn't find any preseasoned ground beef(just a little humor)). But other than that it is a great recipe. I sprinkled it with cheese, a little sour cream and some ground pepper and it was nice and tasty. I can't wait to get some garden fresh tomatoes to put on top.
This is a regular in my kitchen.
It's a wonderful tasting stew that is a good break from tomato based soups/ stews.
Also, it doesn't take very long to prepare so it's a great weekday meal.
The shredded cheddar cheese tops off each serving wonderfully.
Like this recipe very much. Easy & quick to make and economical too. We like it with pepper jack cheese & tortilla chips.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Stew Recipes >
- Beef Stews >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >