Zesty Gazpacho Recipe
When I have a taste for something different, or something with a “zip,” this soup always hits the spot.
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) whole tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 slices rye bread, cubed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1. Drain tomatoes, reserving juice. In a blender, cover and process the tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper and onion in batches until chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2. Place the vinegar, bread cubes and reserved tomato juice in blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour over vegetable mixture. Stir in the oil, salt, garlic powder, pepper and pepper sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 cup: 122 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Gazpacho
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC