Zesty Gazpacho Salad Recipe
This refreshing salad is excellent for a summer cookout. Since you mix it ahead, the flavors have time to blend and there's no last minute fussing. My friends ask me to bing it every time we get together for a meal. —Teresa Fischer, Munster, Indiana
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small ripe avocado, chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over zucchini mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup equals 75 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC