Zesty Garlic-Avocado Sandwiches
Here’s a tasty meatless sandwich I concocted by combining some of our family’s favorite ingredients—garlic, avocado, cream cheese and bagels. For a variation, add fresh chives or minced sun-dried tomato to the cream cheese. Leftover spread makes an excellent veggie dip.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 whole grain bagels, split and toasted
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 6 slices red onion
- 6 sweet red pepper rings
- 6 lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, avocados, garlic and salt
- until smooth. Spread on bagels; top with tomato, cucumber, onion,
- pepper rings and lettuce. Yield: 6 servings.