Zesty Garden Salad
A jar of pickled pepper rings and a can of sliced ripe olives put a tasty and convenient spin on traditional salad fixing. This salad is frequently on the menu, because there is so little chopping involved and it goes with almost any main dish.Nicole Harris, Mt. Union, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled pepper rings
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- In a large salad bowl, toss the romaine, olives, tomato, cheese and
- pepper rings. Just before serving. drizzle with dressing and toss to
- coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 736 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.