Zesty Garbanzo Sausage Soup Recipe
Even the busiest home cooks will have time to prepare this Cajun-inspired soup. If your family prefers spicier flavors, use medium salsa instead of mild.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 jar (16 ounces) mild salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 cup sliced fresh or frozen okra
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Split Rope Sausage or Polish sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until vegetables are tender. Stir in kielbasa. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC