Zesty Dijon Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 medium unpeeled red potatoes
- 1 bunch green onions with tops, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons bottled ranch dressing
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- Hot paprika, optional
- 1. Place potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil and boil for 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool. Cut potatoes into cubes and place in a salad bowl. Add green onions, salt and pepper. For dressing, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch dressing, mustard and vinegar; pour over potato mixture and toss well. Chill 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 201 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 209mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Zesty Dijon Potato Salad
"Winner, winner! This zesty salad is easy to make and it's differently delicious. I increased the amounts to make six servings. I had no bottled dressing, but did have powdered so sprinkled some into the mayo and Dijon. Added a scant teaspoon of smoked hot paprika and mixed it in rather than serving it sprinkled on top. LOVED the crunch of the scallions and the zesty smokiness of the hot paprika."
"would it still taste good if I were to use white vinegar instead of the tarragon vinegar ?"
"I used 3 lbs of small red potatoes and made extra sauce but I don't think I'll need all of it. It's cooling in the fridge now, for my get together, and so far it's delicious! I think it'll be a big hit."
"I didn't, and wouldn't change a thing in this recipe. The dressing is a delicious change of pace from my usual recipe. I like the tang of the dijon mustard, and much prefer the sour cream & ranch flavor over just mayonaise. I will definitely use this recipe again."