Zesty Corn Salad
We discovered this recipe at a Fourth of July celebration years ago. It's been a favorite ever since.Jennifer Sikes, Tyler, Texas
5 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 celery ribs with leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine salad
- dressing and cumin; pour over corn mixture and toss to coat. Cover
- and refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 234 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 891 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.