This dip is zippy and delicious! I especially like it with Hawaiian bread. . .the hint of sweetness compliments the "heat" from the cayenne pepper. —Lisa Leaper-Shuck Worthington, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) white corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne and cumin until smooth. Stir in the corn, tomatoes and cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and bread top. Cool dip for 2-3 minutes; spoon into bread shell. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Zesty Corn Dip in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p59
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zesty Corn Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review