- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) white corn, drained
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 round loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, cayenne and cumin until smooth. Stir in the corn, tomatoes and cheese.
- Transfer to an ungreased 3-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Cut a 1-1/2-in. slice off top of bread. Carefully hollow out loaf, leaving a 1/2-in. shell. Cube removed bread and bread top. Cool dip for 2-3 minutes; spoon into bread shell. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm with bread cubes. Yield: 4 cups.
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Zesty Corn Dip
Sort By :
Used frozen corn instead of canned and 1 t. of each cayenne and cumin. Also, stirred about 1 T. minced cilantro into dip after cooking. Served with tortilla chips. We loved it!
I have made this dip for many parties and everyone always asks for the recipe! I use only one can of corn and substitute a can of beans (usually cannellini beans) for the second can of corn.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Appetizers >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Corn Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dip Recipes >
- Easter Appetizers >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Dip Recipes >
- Hot Dips >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >