Zesty Corn Chowder
This chowder needs no simmeringit goes from stovetop to table in just minutes. So it's perfect when time is short and your family is hungry.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk, soups and broth. Add the
- chicken, corn, chilies and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the
- heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.