Zesty Corn Chowder Recipe
This chowder needs no simmering—it goes from stovetop to table in just minutes. So it's perfect when time is short and your family is hungry.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, undrained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the milk, soups and broth. Add the chicken, corn, chilies and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 6-8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 270 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 1,148 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC