Zesty Corn Bread with Creamed Chicken
I first made this creamed many years ago when I was taking a home economics class. It's great to serve at a brunch, and even children find it hard to resist!
4-6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions, adding 2
- tablespoons onion and the paprika. Spoon into a well-greased 4- to
- 5-cup ring mold.
- Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a